Try Online Roulette NZ
New Zealanders are becoming more aware by the day of the many game choices, other than pokies, they have at online casinos. Here we’ll discuss Roulette Online NZ.
Types of Online Roulette
There are three primary types of online roulette: American roulette, European roulette, and French roulette. The main difference between American roulette and the other two is that, in American roulette, there are two zed numbers: 0 and 00. The very existence of 00 makes the house edge about 5.5%. By eliminating 00, the house edge in European roulette falls to about 2.5%.
Many online casinos offer both American and European roulette; when you have a choice, of course you should choose to play the European version! European and French are very similar online roulette types but the house edge in French roulette is close to 1.25%!
Given that almost all players enjoy real money roulette, it makes a big difference if you play European over American roulette or French over European roulette! This is just one of several tips to winning NZ dollars playing online roulette.
But before we discuss strategy, let’s backtrack a bit and start with the basics.
A Roulette Table
This is a standard American roulette table. The European and French versions don’t have 00!
Bets in Roulette
- The first set of bets is called even money bets. They are bets on the first or second half of numbers; on even or odd; and on red or black. If the ball lands on 0 or 00, you lose because the zed numbers don’t count in either of these bets. Still, this is the safest bet to make in all three online roulette types. You need only be moderately lucky to win in French roulette; you need a bit more luck to win in European roulette; you also might win in American roulette but you have to be quite a bit luckier than in the other two online roulette types.
- The next set of bets in roulette online NZ has two separate but similar bets; they are on two types of “thirds”. At the bottom of the table, you see clearly 1st 12, 2nd 12, and 3rd 12. The other bet of this type is on horizontal “columns”. To bet on a column, you place the chip at the “bottom” of the column. Clearly, you cannot mix and match these types of bets! Some online roulette types allow a bet on two columns; you make this bet by putting the chip on the line between the columns.
The Line Makes The Bet
Let’s pause to talk about this second of our tips to winning NZ dollars playing online roulette. There are many bets in online roulette that require you to put the chip on a line. The line you put the chip on determines your bet! So, learn the bets here and place your chips carefully when you play roulette online NZ.
More Roulette Bets
- The next set of bets is on three numbers. The table has twelve vertical “rows”. To bet on a row, you put the chip on the line below the row.
- To bet on six numbers, you place the chip on the intersection between two rows. Again, it is clear that you can’t mix and match these bets! You can also place a bet on the intersection between the zed numbers and the first row.
- You can bet on four numbers by putting the chip at the point where the four numbers connect.
- You can bet on two numbers by putting the chip on the line that separates the numbers.
- You can bet a single number by putting the chip on that specific number.
Some bets contradict each other and should be avoided. One of the odd phenomena of roulette is that bettors get wager-happy and make some wagers that are in conflict with others. For example, if you place a bet on the first column, 1-34, you should not make a bet on any numbers in the other two columns! You can use the first column to also make a four or six-number bet, a pair bet, or a single number bet.
There is also no sense in making a bet on the 1st 12 and then on the first column.
As you play online roulette, you’ll come to automatically sense when two bets are contradictory. After all, you aren’t playing real money roulette for the house’s benefit!
More About Online Roulette Types
It should be clear that the presence of 00 gives the house a big advantage. Play either European or French roulette when you can! The only difference between European and American roulette is the absence or presence of 00. French roulette has two significant differences that lower the house’s edge by about half!
About French Roulette
These two differences in French roulette actually contradict each other so any French roulette game will offer only one. They apply when you have made a 1-1 bet.
In the La Partage variation, you get back half your bet if you lose a 1-1 wager.
In the En Prison version, your losing 1-1 bet is “quarantined” through the next spin. If you then win, you get your bet back; if you lose a second time, you lose your quarantined bet.
Statistically, these two versions of French roulette are the same but some players love La Partage and some players love En Prison.
To each his own, apparently. In either case, the house edge is reduced to about 1.25% in French roulette.
Roulette Online NZ is an up and coming casino game. New Zealanders still prefer pokies, blackjack, and video poker, but a growing number are trying out and enjoying real money roulette. We hope this short discussion of online roulette types coupled with our tips to win NZ dollars playing online roulette, will encourage you to try out online roulette!