New Zealand’s Top Paying Live Dealer Games
Live dealer games are as authentic and realistic as it’s possible to get when you’re playing online. With professional hosts operating physical equipment from sumptuous settings, they truly bring the old-world glamour of gambling to life.
New Zealanders are especially lucky because they have so many superb live casino games to choose from. If you haven’t tried them out yet, the time to do so is definitely now.
Pros and Cons of Live Dealer Games
There are plenty of advantages to playing live casino games, including:
- You’ll get the benefit of talking to a professional host and will feel as if you’re sitting in a top-class land-based establishment.
- You still get all the advantages of online casinos, including convenience, wide betting ranges, and bankroll-boosting bonuses.
- You can usually talk to fellow gamblers, so playing this way is enjoyably sociable.
- You can use live dealer games as a great way to practice and build your confidence before trying your luck in actual land-based settings, which can be intimidating.
- Special features like Blackjack’s Bet Behind which allows you to watch and bet on players when you are not actively participating in a game, enhance your enjoyment and can help you understand and develop strategies.
Of course, there are a few disadvantages to be aware of too:
- Since the dealers are operating physical equipment, such as spinning Roulette wheels or shuffling and laying down cards, the games take a little longer than their Random Number Generation (RNG) online counterparts. This can take time to get used to.
- You might find the dealer or other players on the chat a little distracting, making it harder to focus on your gameplay.
Bonuses in Live Dealer Games
Live casino bonuses work in much the same way as bonuses on RNG games do. You’ll get additional playing funds in your account when you sign up at a new site, make another deposit, refer a friend who also signs up, or perform some other activity. Then you can use the bonus to bet and play a variety of games, and you need to fulfil the playthrough requirements before you are allowed to withdraw your bonus amount.
The playthrough requirements are the amount of times you have to wager the bonus amount, before you’re allowed to cash it out. For example, if the playthrough on $100 is 35x, you need to bet $3500 before withdrawing $100. Different games contribute different amounts; 100% of pokies spends, for instance, usually go to the playthrough. With live dealer games, you need to be aware that not all bonuses can be used, and that they usually contribute a lot less than 100% of their spend to the completion of playthrough requirements.
Top Live Software Providers
Evolution Gaming is widely recognised as the world’s leading live dealer software developer, with cutting-edge filming and streaming and a host of special features. However, there are several other brands that deserve an honourable mention:
- Vivo Gaming
- Ezugi Gaming
Whether these developers focus on live games only or have added live releases to their existing RNG portfolios, the quality of their live offerings is excellent. And, very importantly, the results are all certified as 100% fair by reputable regulators.
Beginners’ Best Live Dealer Games
If you’re ready to try live casino gameplay for yourself, allow us to recommend the best options. Although payout rates vary among game variations and software providers, the selection below also generally offers the highest average player returns:
- Casino Hold’em
- Dragon Tiger
- Sic Bo